October 9, 2010

Preview Review: Injane

Title: Injane
Author: Douglas K. Pearson
Publiser: Pot-Boilers Publishing
Pages: 198

Summary from Goodreads:
Most people think I'm crazy because I see things they cannot. But if they saw the blood and the torture, or felt an ounce of the pain I feel, they would know I'm not insane. No one believes me and that makes me more alone than I feel. To those who meet me for the first time, I'm Jane; once they hear my one-sided conversations and terrified screams, they refer to me as Injane.

I was lucky enough to get to read the first chapter of this interesting book and I can honestly say it's pretty different than anything I've read before. But in a good way! Jane has a great voice! She's humorous and kind of dark at the same time. The concept is interesting too. Everyone thinks she's crazy because she sees light and dark figures and has conversations with them (these conversations however appear one sided to everyone else who can't see the figures, so yeah it makes sense that they think she's crazy). Jane's gone through twenty foster homes because of this. Her file is even marked "Mature themes. Not intended for young audiences." I'm pretty sure I don't have to say anything else because obviously by that line alone you know it's going to be a pretty awesome book! I personally can not wait to read the rest of this book and I suggest you guys give it a shot too!

You can check out the Injane Facebook page here:

1 comment:

  1. The site updates made my day! Since u like classic American literature, Have u ever read Truman Capote? Know anything about? I need to know for school. Seemed like an odd fella.

    ReplyDelete