January 18, 2011

The Power of Six - OH NO!

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)

So I just saw Carly over at Writing From the Tub post about The Power of Six cover and I must say I am more than a little distressed. Not only is it awful but the book isn't even about Number Four anymore? WHAT? The Power of six is about Seven which is just not cool. I just finished I Am Number Four and I'm still pretty attached to Four and his friends (although I'm sure we'll see them again but still). They could have at least made it about Number Six who was introduced in the first book or Number Five to go in order. Maybe I'm just over reacting. What are your thoughts?

Summary from Goodreads:
"They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight."

*Edit: As I look at it more and more it's actually been growing on me but the orange just doesn't fit and I feel the title is awkwardly placed. :L

7 comments:

  1. WHAT!!
    Ughh. Like you, I got to the characters and I thought it was going to be about Number Six & Four's travels after I Am Number Four. Or maybe from Number Six's point of view. But Number Seven? And the cover IS awful :/
    Thanks for posting though, I'm happy I know NOW than a month before it coming out. I'm looking forward to your review of I Am Number Four :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at this cover and went "OMG Juvenile!" The cover of IAM#4 was so well-done, and this looks cheap. I'm disappointed :(
    But hey, I'm glad you were honest enough to say how you feel! I definitely concur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty new to this series! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually kinda like this cover. But I'm also soooo upset that it's not narrated by #4 anymore. He was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im SO mad that its from sevens point of view! The series started with john and it shld stay with john and personally cing as that isnt happening it better end with john. haha hadta vent i absolutly loved the first bk and im making all my friends read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv number 4 so much.... Wish it was narrated by him :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. you all need to stop fraeking out the book will be great and even if it isn't in number 4s point of view and you got atachted you will learn to love number 7

    ReplyDelete