Title: The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 368
Release: 8/01/10
Rating:



(5 out of 5)[That's right! It was rated in Unicorns!]




(5 out of 5)[That's right! It was rated in Unicorns!]Summary from Goodreads:
"Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart."
Oh. My. Gosh. This book left me pretty much speechless. It was so amazing I couldn't stop reading it! Ahh! I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I just wanted to write my review before I forgot all of the little details.
The Iron Daughter was a wonderful sequel to Julie Kagawa's first book The Iron King. Kagawa once again created a beautiful world for her story that I personally would just love to live in. Her description is amazing, I could really picture every little thing. I felt like I was actually there in the midst of the fighting, in the heart of Tir Na Nog standing next to Queen Mab as she dealt out punishments, and running through the brambles away from a dragon.
The characters also become even more defined and you got a real feeling for the greater depths of the characters. Meghan, the main character, is such a strong protagonist. She puts herself last and everyone else first, fighting to save both her world and the Nevernever. She always stood up for what she believed in and wouldn't let anyone change her mind. She really grew as a character and you got to see her greater depths. Along with Meghan there was her love interest Ash. The depth of their emotions was breath taking really. I could only dream about a romance as great as their's coming my way. And no good story would be complete with out the third love interest coming in. Puck, Meghan's loyal friend who always has her back even though he is completely in love with her and she's completely in love with Ash. Although, things do get a bit interesting here. Wink, wink. (**Note to Julie Kagawa: I totally wouldn't mind if you wanted to write Puck a love interest named Monica, about 5'10", brown hair, brown eyes, extremely gorgeous! Just think about it!) And Grimalkin, the not so lovable tag along cat sith that tends to disappear but always seems pop up at the right moment and know just what to do, he is in my opinion the most interesting of all the characters. I tried so hard to figure him out but I just couldn't! Overall, the characters were just wonderful and there are many shocking (and not so shocking) discoveries.
The plot is slightly similar to the first book but I won't go into detail. (I always fear if I get too detailed I'll give something away and that's just no fun!) There's the good, the bad, and the iron. The Iron Daughter was action packed, fast paced, and there was never a dull moment. Once again, Meghan has to go through both the human and faery world in order to complete her quest and save Nevernever. With her friends for help she fights her way through the novel in order for good to prevail.
The ending was a real cliff-hanger. Just saying. I was really wowed by the novel and cannot wait for the next in this scintillating series. I held high expectations for this book after reading the first one and it actually managed to exceed those so you know it must be good. Thank you Julie Kagawa for writing such an amazing series. I greatly appreciate it. (And really, think about my offer. Puck and I... I mean the character that I described, would make a lovely couple!)
My Thoughts Throughout The Novel:
As I was reading I had to stop multiple times (unfortunately). Since I was reading on Adobe Digital Edition I thought I would share with you my thoughts as I was reading that I posted for bookmarks.
- love triangle electric, meghan = very strong with decisions, family, love, fighting, smart - figuring out the code, devising plans, meghan + Ash = omg so hot! Puck = My love and I feel bad for him. Iron Glamour = interesting.
- depth of smoldering emotions = breathless
- Puck vs. Ash. Ash For Meghan. Puck For Me ;)
- Way Ash treats her makes me feel bad for her.
- Dance = Swoon Worthy. Funny.
- Really get to know Ash better. Greater depth to character.
- ememies become friends and friends become enemies
- How many freaking favors has this cat accumulated?
- beautiful imagery
Ok, so I edited them. A lot. But I didn't want to spoil anything those of you who haven't read it yet!
Happy Reading!



Ash For Meghan Puck For Me or well you, hmm I never thought of it that way, it makes perfect sense. Good call on that one girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks :) That's how I think about Twilight too! Edward for Bella, Jacob for Nessie, and Seth Clearwater for me! (until I saw the movie which made me totally NOT want Seth!)
ReplyDeleteackkkk!!! I'm so excited for this book! Only two or so weeks to go!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, a love interest for Puck, eh? That could be ... interesting. :D Lovely review. Thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteJulie
I think it would be very ineresting! :P Any time! I love your books!
ReplyDeleteHmm-- so what makes you choose Puck over Ash? Maybe I am just not seeing it... I mean sure he is awesome, but I guess I always just viewed him in a more big brother way...
ReplyDeleteNOT slamming at all, just wanting to get a view. I am new to the series so I haven't read many reviews of Iron King, and I probably would have seen reasons there.
Grimalkin is great!! He did add a lot to the story and I loved it when he just answered questions like duh, I am a cat.
I was caught up a lot with Ash wondering if I would have to change teams, but I always had a gut feeling that told me that he did and said what he did to ultimately protect Meghan.
I can't wait for the next one!!!
Great review. I want to read this book so badly!
ReplyDelete