Title: She's So Dead to UsAuthor: Kieran Scott
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 288
Rating:



(5 out of 5)




(5 out of 5)"When money is all that matters, what happens when you lose it all?
Perfect, picturesque Orchard Hill. It was the last thing Ally Ryan saw in the rear view mirror as her mother drove them out of town and away from the shame of the scandal her father cause when his hedge fund went south and piratically bankrupted all their friends - friends that liked having trust funds and new cars, and that didn't like constant reminders that they had been swindled. So it was adiós, Orchard Hill. Thanks for nothing.
Now, two years later, Ally's mother has landed a job back at the site of their downfall. So instead of Ally's new low-key, happy life, it'll be back into the snake pit with the likes of Shannen Moore and Hammond Ross.
But then there's Jake Graydon. Handsome, wealthy, bored Jake Graydon. He moved to town after Ally left and knows nothing of her scandal, but does know that he likes her. And she likes him. So off into the sunset the can go, right? Too bad Jake's friends have a problem with his new crush since it would make Ally happy. And if anyone deserves to be unhappy, it's Ally Ryan.
Ally was hoping to have left all the drama in the past but some things just can't be forgotten. Isn't there more to life than money?"
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. At first I thought it was going to be just another silly shallow novel, and in a way it was, but it was also really good. A few of the characters had a surprising depth to them and were really well thought out. I really liked the main character, Ally. She was so strong facing her old friends after her father ruined them financially. She even protected her mother as best she could from the heart ache she knew would occur if her mom found out what had been happening. Jake, who was Ally's love interest, was an interesting character. He was so dependent upon what his friends thought that he hid his relationship with Ally, because she was a "norm" (poor) and he was a "crestie" (rich), and almost ruined it until he got approval from one of the people in his group. If I was Ally I so would not have taken him back! (Oh who am I kidding, he was hot! I totally would!) Also, the teens actually seemed realistic, they drank and cursed and had parties and had a dorky little band play in someone's basement. It was realistic and I could actually see this happening somewhere.
I loved the plot too! There were so many shocking little twists and turns and secrets floating around you never really knew what was going to happen next. There were a lot of things that surprised me (like the end, I didn't realize that this was the first in a series! *jumps for joy*) There was also a little instant messaging thing they did after every chapter and I know a lot of people hated it but I enjoyed it because you didn't know who was saying these things so it gave you some more insight about how people felt about the main characters. The ending was SUCH a cliffhanger I seriously cannot wait for the next book to come out! I know this one just came out but I need the second one like now!
This book really surprised me, I started reading it thinking it was just going to be so-so, but it really wowed me and left me wanting more! This is definitely one of the best books I've read in a while. I read this book online (for free!) too so that made it just a tad bit better. I read it over at Pulse It by Simon and Schuster! Unfortunately, you have be between the ages 14 and 18. :( But anyway. I so totally suggest this book to pretty much everyone! Everything about it was great from the characters to the plot. I loved it!



I'm really glad you liked this book, I felt the same way. i wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, either. Great review!
ReplyDelete